how to load ssh-agent into x11/sddm

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Wed Jul 14 17:16:00 UTC 2021

Hi,

I've recently started using x11/sddm with plasma and x11/kde5.

Before now, I'd start x11/kde5 from the console with xinit. Before
starting with xinit, I'd run ssh-agent. The purpose of doing this was to
have my ssh agent loaded in any subsequent terminal session after kde
loaded.

now with x11/sddm the (sddm) greeter comes up before I can grab the
console and load ssh-agent.

What I'd like to know is, is it possible to load ssh-agent once either
before, or within, the sddm greeter so that previous ssh-agent behaviour
is restored?

thanks,
--
J.