What the hell starts pulseaudio?!

Roderick hruodr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 14:09:04 UTC 2021

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021, Tomasz CEDRO wrote:

> Then I found this. Looks like exactly your question and the answer:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/204522/how-does-pulseaudio-start

An answer for systemd users. No wonder: Lennart Poettering seems to
be a creation of Lennart Poettering.

> Personally I like PulseAudio. It gives you lots of felxibility and
> control over audio per application on the fly.

I find this behaviour annoying. Not only because of security
considerations.
I consider it a bug.

> If you do not like it you may want to try remove / lock the package
> and/or put a link to /use/bin/true in place of the binary?

No, I do not like to do tricks to avoid something that should not happend.

R.