xorg-7.7_3 and freebsd 12.2

Doug Denault doug at safeport.com
Mon Jan 11 07:22:15 UTC 2021

First I'm gonna continue with the top post. So first thank you for your
ideas, I did RTFM before answering below.

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021, Erich Dollansky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 17:49:29 -0500 (EST)
> Doug Denault <doug at safeport.com> wrote:
>
>> I updated a Lenovo ideapad 700 from 11.3 --> 12.2 and installed xorg,
>> xdm, and xfce4. I did not do anything about address the evdev mode
>
> did you also update the DRM drivers from ports?

No xorg-7.7_3=X.Org complete distribution metaport. If this were a problem
the one I installed around 10AM Saturday had the drivers and the one
installed later Saturday did not. Remember I had a working system except
for paste by mouse. In the current setup libdrm-2.4.103,1 is installed.

> Is there then the X driver for Intel installed?

The easy answer would be as above and the fact that I had a working system
xserver-wise until running configure (if I had not done that I do not know
if I would believe me either BTW).  But that said, it is the first error.
So how would I test this? I do have: xorg-drivers-7.7_6, and
xf86-video-vesa-2.5.0 installed via the xorg package.

installed is:
    root at mneme:/usr/local # find . -type f -name "*intel*"
    ./include/libdrm/intel_aub.h
    ./include/libdrm/intel_bufmgr.h
    ./include/libdrm/intel_debug.h
    ./include/vulkan/vulkan_intel.h
    ./libdata/pkgconfig/libdrm_intel.pc
    ./share/vulkan/icd.d/intel_icd.x86_64.json
    ./lib/libdrm_intel.so.1.0.0
    ./lib/libvulkan_intel.so

The ports tree has the following:
    xf86-video-intel-2.99.917.914,1
    x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel29
    x11-drivers/xf86-video-sis-intel

None of the above are installed. Forcing the vesa driver would probably
also work but clearly I do not know how to break the xorg.conf output
apart. If x.org addresses any of this I can't find the URL. Predictably
google gets one Ubuntu answers.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com