ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libsegsegv.so.2 not found", required by "asy"

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:35:38 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 2:30 PM Paul Procacci <pprocacci at gmail.com> wrote:

> The error is most likely coming from Pythagoras.asy
>
> My lack of knowledge concerning asy won't be able to help you any further.
> For that I apologize.
>
> ~Paul
>
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 3:22 PM Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 2:07 PM Paul Procacci <pprocacci at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Install the package: gsl
>> >
>> > ;)
>> >
>> > ~Paul

>> > --
>> > __________________
>> >
>> > :(){ :|:& };:\
>>
>> Dear Paul,
>>
>> I am getting closer to resolving this.  Now I get error:  error: could
>> not load module 'plain'
>>

>> olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ asy Pythagoras.asy
>> error: could not load module 'plain'
>> olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ which tex
>> /usr/local/texlive/2020/bin/amd64-freebsd/tex
>> olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ which latex
>> /usr/local/texlive/2020/bin/amd64-freebsd/latex
>> olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ which asy
>> /usr/local/texlive/2020/bin/amd64-freebsd/asy
>> olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>

>> Antonio
>

> --
> __________________
>
> :(){ :|:& };:

Dear Sir,

I appreciate the help.  I am much close to resolving the issue.  I see
the gallery of asymptote here:

https://asymptote.sourceforge.io/gallery/

and I can run web application here:

http://asymptote.ualberta.ca/

But if internet goes down.  I cannot compile asymptote documents.  I
am learning about asymptote.  I am not an expert, but I can do a bit
of metapost documents, but I want to have another tool at my disposal
and I can use the examples from the gallery to draw nice graphs.
I searched for some help and I tried to apply the examples, but they
did not help resolve the issue:

olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ which asy
/usr/local/texlive/2020/bin/amd64-freebsd/asy
olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ setenv
ASYMPTOTE_HOME /usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/asymptote/
sh: setenv: not found
olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ asy -vv
Using configuration directory /home/olivares/.asy
Using history /home/olivares/.asy/history
Welcome to Asymptote version 2.65 (to view the manual, type help)
cd /usr/home/olivares/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents
error: could not load module 'plain'
olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ kpsewhich
--var-value=TEXMFMAIN
/usr/local/share/texmf-dist
olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ kpsewhich
--var-value=ASYMPTOTE_HOME

olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ ./kpsewhich
sh: ./kpsewhich: not found
olivares at eightcore:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ kpsewhich
Missing argument. Try `kpsewhich --help' for more information.