Freebsd-upgrade for 12.2 fails

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Feb 10 16:58:22 UTC 2021

On 10 Feb 2021, at 06:20, Herbert J. Skuhra <herbert at gojira.at> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 06:12:29AM -0700, @lbutlr wrote:
>> I forgot to upgrade a machine last month and when trying to do so today after running `freebsd-upgrade fetch` and verifying I was on the latest versions of 12.1 (I am, -p13) I get this:
>>
>> # freebsd-update -r 12-2-release upgrade
> Try 12.2-RELEASE.

Argh.

Might I suggest the error message should be more along the lines of "12-2-release" is unknown" or something along those lines. Heck, even a helpful "did you mean RELEASE" or even  "did you mean 12.2-RELEASE" seems possible.

--
You too will get old. And when you do you'll fantasize that when you
	were young prices where reasonable, politicians were noble, and