What are good mail hosts to use with FreeBSD mailing lists?

Stephen Montgomery-Smith montgomerysmithstephen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 21:22:47 UTC 2021

On 2/6/21 10:51 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Please move this gaggle elsewhere. All this has less than zero to do with
> FreeBSD. Thanks

I think it was reasonable for me to ask, because I thought gmail was
blacklisted.  I wanted to be sure that any provider I used was not
blacklisted.

But it turned out that the problem was that I included the period in my
username on gmail.  That seems to confuse the FreeBSD mail server.  So
if you want to use gmail with FreeBSD, don't put periods in your gmail
user name.