poudriere expert advise needed

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 3 17:23:21 UTC 2021

I'm sure there are poudriere experts on the list. I need your advise.

As ports tree has switched from svn to git, and as svn port three update
does not work anymore, I tried to switch my poudriere I have working
nicely for quite some time to git.

What I did is: I deleted port tree created originally svn way, and
checked out port tree git way:

poudriere ports -d

poudriere ports -c -U https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git -B main -m git+https

The last created port tree in usual "default" location. I then build
packages I need as usually (after updating build jails, and maybe yet
once again updating port tree):

poudriere jail -u -j 130amd64

poudriere ports -u -U https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git -B main -m git+https

poudriere bulk -f /usr/local/etc/poudriere-list -j 130amd64

As a result, I have everything built successfully, but there is one
difference though. In the past I had all built packages as
[packagename].txz Now built packages are .pkg and there are symlinks
.txz pointing to resembling package:

[packagename].pkg
[packagename].txz --> [packagename].pkg

As a consequence of this (?) I now have signature for pkg.pkg package
(binary pkg package) as: pkg.pkg.pubkeysig, and no signature
pkg.txz.pubkeysig, and my instalaltion of pkg from poudriere repository
fails with error:

...30amd64-default/Latest/pkg.txz.pubkeysig: Not Found

which is not there (whereas pkg.pkg.pubkeysig is). There is symlink
though (pointing nowhere)

pkg.txz.sig -> pkg.pkg.sig

OK, I do the hack now (but this is not how I am going to live in a
future, I need real solution): When I add symlink:

  ln -s pkg.pkg.pubkeysig pkg.txz.pubkeysig

my package installs successfully.

If I delete port tree, and check out port tree "old way":

poudriere ports -d
poudriere ports -c

and then build my packages  (that build as dependency pkg.pkg package)

all works as it did in the past, only the port tree is outdated (as svn
I figure is indeed abandoned).

So: what do I do wrong? What am I missing in migration to git?

Thanks a lot for your pointers/insights!

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago