compile freebsd on ubuntu

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Wed Apr 28 15:57:12 UTC 2021

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:43:13 -0500
Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> > On Apr 28, 2021, at 1:10 AM, Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > 	I'd be inclined to use a jail with a Linux userland in it, they
> > work well - I have one running CUPS so that I can use the Brother binary
> > drivers without losing my sanity (I tried to install them in FreeBSD
> > CUPS once!).
> >

> Is the World out of postscript (or PCL) printers? (thank you, Adobe, for

	No but practical matters like budget (home not work) and the desire
for A3 printing and scanning intervened between the ideal printer spec and
the chosen purchase which was as always a compromise. OTOH it's still going
strong eight years (mostly light with short bursts of heavy use) on and it
has never done anything nasty - so it ain't broke so there's no excuse to
fix it with "ooh shiny" even if it isn't exactly a great printer.

> what you have done tin the past, postscript is one of these things!).

	Indeed a networked PostScript or PCL printer is simplicity itself
to drive.

C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun