Arm64 Tier 1 FreeBSD 13 Phones

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Apr 11 10:11:13 UTC 2021

On 10 Apr 2021, at 09:02, Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2021-04-10 at 04:07 -0400, grarpamp wrote:
>> FreeBSD Phones...
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Librem_5
>> NXP i.MX 8M Quad core Cortex-A53, 64bit ARM
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PinePhone
>> Allwinner A64 ARM Quad core Cortex-A53
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c32-QOrI4cw
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKMxzz9cjs
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVJo9faE1fM
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV0RnWorPpQ
>>
>> Happy hacking 😃

> Dream on.  FreeBSD lacks the power-management infrastructure to run on
> battery-operated devices.

Really? I find that a little surprising. Granted, the only unix I've ever put on a laptop is macOS (née OS X), but I would have thought auth even if FreeBSD never got around to power management themselves they'd be able to lift it from Darwin with minimal work since they are both BSD based.

--
Adolescence is the period between childhood and adultery