Arm64 Tier 1 FreeBSD 13 Phones

Shawn Webb shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org
Sat Apr 10 15:47:53 UTC 2021

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 04:07:49AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> FreeBSD Phones...
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Librem_5
> NXP i.MX 8M Quad core Cortex-A53, 64bit ARM
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PinePhone
> Allwinner A64 ARM Quad core Cortex-A53
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c32-QOrI4cw
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKMxzz9cjs
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVJo9faE1fM
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV0RnWorPpQ
>
> Happy hacking :)

There's a company (called Potabi? Fivnex?) that claims to be
developing a FreeBSD-based phone on PinePhone hardware. They claim to
eventually be able to run Android apps on it. As it stands, I'm seeing
more marketing material than development efforts published by them.

If I were to hazard a guess, this "development" effort will fizzle
out. I'd like to see it come to fruition, but I'm pretty skeptical.

https://potabi.fivnex.co/development

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb