Defining and option in a port

Arnold Greyling greylina at menusis.com
Thu Apr 8 05:52:27 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 11:53:26AM +0700, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to build a port (amanda-client) with an option that is not
> available in make config and is not provided as a default variable to
> pass to make all.
>
> How can I do that?
>
> More precicely, in Amanda, ./configure --help list the option
> --with-security-file, how can I define that whn building the port?
>
> While I can probably interrupt the building process after make
> configure, execute a ./configure by hand and then resume the making,
> I am looking for a cleaner way to do it.

You can edit the Makefile but then you have to remember to do it every time
there is an Update to the port

In Amanda's case  --with-security-file is already in the CONFIGURE_ARGS

i.e
CONFIGURE_ARGS= --libexecdir=${PREFIX}/libexec/amanda \
                --without-amlibexecdir \
                --with-amandahosts --with-fqdn \
                --with-dump-honor-nodump \
                --prefix=${PREFIX} \
                --disable-glibtest \
                --with-user=${USERS} --with-group=${AMANDA_GROUP} \
                --with-bsdtcp-security --with-bsdudp-security \
                --with-ssh-security \
                --disable-installperms --with-security-file=${ETCDIR}/amanda-security.conf

I don't know Amanda but I suppose you can change the security file
location in a config file later on.

Regards
Arnold

--