OpenZFS from ports

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sun Apr 4 09:27:41 UTC 2021

On 4/3/21 11:10 AM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> I hear OpenZFS has native encryption, but I'm not prepared to move to 13
> yet, so I'm evaulating upgrading to 12.2 and using OpenZFS from ports.
> Is this possible? Stable? Discouraged?
> Anything to watch for?

One further question:
_ I've read encryption is selected at the dataset level and that you
can't boot from an encrypted dataset;
_ somewhere else I read you cannot boot from an encrypted pool.

So just to be sure: can I create only one zpool and boot from it, while
having part of it (one or more datasets) encrypted, as long as the one
where the OS is is in clear?

  bye & Thanks
	av.