Regarding case number 10724899 [ ref:_00D00hhzl._5004V11emZL:ref ]

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Tue Sep 29 19:40:31 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-28 09:26, discsupport at seagate.com wrote:
> Hello David Christensen,
>
> Welcome to Seagate Support, my name is Jairo and I'm glad to assist you today about SeaTools and its source code licenced under GPL. We will work together to find a solution.
>
> SeaTools Booteable uses free libraries from the Opensea project <https://www.seagate.com/manuals/software/seatools-bootable/support-and-open-source-statement/>, that can be found in GitHub <https://github.com/seagate>.
> SeaTools is also a mix of proprietary source code and open source code, as TinyCore. The core of SeaTools is SeaChest <https://www.seagate.com/support/software/seachest/> and the full code can be found in GitHub <https://github.com/Seagate/ToolBin/tree/master/SeaChest> also.
> Our only available file to record SeaTools Cooteable in a USB is the .zip file available in the SeaTools support page <https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/>.
>
> We await for your reply with either this support was useful or more assistance is required.
>
> Regards,
> Jairo
> Seagate Support
>
> ref:_00D00hhzl._5004V11emZL:ref

I have asked three times that you make a binary image of Seagate
SeaTools Bootable available, and have received delay, diversionary, and
denial tactics in response.  I will ask no more.

Free Software Foundation -- Please investigate and respond.

United States Department of Justice -- Please investigate and respond.

Sincerely yours,

David Christensen
Tracy, California, USA
dpchrist at holgerdanske.com

cc: debian-user at lists.debian.org
     freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
     license-violation at fsf.org
     antitrust.complaints at usdoj.gov

p.s.  freebsd and debian mailing list readers -- this is not spam.  This
is follow-up to many discussions on the mailing lists regarding
vendor-supplied diagnostic tools, including Seagate SeaTools:

https://lists.debian.org/cgi-bin/search?P=seatools&DEFAULTOP=or&B=Gdebian-user&SORT=0&HITSPERPAGE=100

http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=3696945&query=seatools&n=3556680