Dual-booting/triple-booting FreeBSD under UEFI

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Sep 20 14:28:39 UTC 2020

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 03:53:10 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> A business technology news website spreading inaccurate news isn't
> required to get informed about known vulnerabilities.

If they aren't even able to get (or interested in getting) the
terminology correct... if I remember correctly, what GRUB does
is called a "boot manager" (thing that usually interactively
selects from different operating systems to boot, or configures
the boot of one operating system, by setting boot parameters or
kernel options). GRUB does this even in Linux-only installations.
A boot loader can be a standard MBR, without any interactivity,
that loads an operating system. This is the typical situation
on systems running FreeBSD exclusively.

Or is there a different definition or consensus of the words?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany