ZFS snapshot - rollback problem

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Fri Sep 11 08:53:57 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-10 23:31, Ludovit Koren wrote:
> On Friday, September 11, 2020, David Christensen ... wrote:
>
>> On 2020-09-10 07:18, Ludovit Koren wrote:

>>> ~>uname -a
>>> FreeBSD XxX 11.3-STABLE FreeBSD 11.3-STABLE #1 r354607: Mon Nov 11
>>> 12:19:28 CET 2019     root at jedi:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HP  amd64

>> I do not understand how your system can work at all if the root filesystem
>> is mounted at /mnt (?).  Is your FreeBSD running on a different disc?  Do
>> you have a multiple system disks, multi-boot, etc.?

>   If you see the time of creation,

I find it very useful to show the date, time, username, hostname, and
path in my shell prompt.  I use the toor account, the Bash shell, and
export PS1 in ~/.profile:

2020-09-11 00:31:08 toor at f3 ~
# grep 'export PS1' .profile
export PS1='\n\D{%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S} '${USER}'@\h \w\n\$ '

> I think at that time it was a workaround how to install on the zfs.

Please run and post:

# zfs list

> I did not changed it, since. No the FreeBSD is
> running from the disk. I have neither multiple system disks, nor
> multi-boot.

Okay.

> In the /boot/loader.conf I have vfs.root.mountfrom="zfs.zroot"

Okay.

?

>   camcontrol devlist
>
> <Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series DXM04B0Q>  at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (ada0,pass0)
> <AHCI SGPIO Enclosure 2.00 0001>   at scbus3 target 0 lun 0 (pass1)

Okay.

> gpart show
> =>       34  500118125  ada0  GPT  (238G)
>           34        128     1  freebsd-boot  (64K)
>          162  500117997     2  freebsd-zfs  (238G)

Please run and post:

# gpart show -l

Did you partition the disk by hand, use the FreeBSD installer, or
something else?

> mount
> zroot on / (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
> devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)
> fdescfs on /dev/fd (fdescfs)
> procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
> linprocfs on /compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)
> zroot/usr on /usr (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
> zroot/usr/home on /usr/home (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
> zroot/var on /var (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
> tmpfs on /var (tmpfs, local)
> map -hosts on /net (autofs)
> map -media on /media (autofs)
> tmpfs on /tmp (tmpfs, local)

Okay.  zroot is mounted at /, which makes sense.

> zpool status
>    pool: zroot
>   state: ONLINE
> status: Some supported features are not enabled on the pool. The pool can
>          still be used, but some features are unavailable.
> action: Enable all features using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done,
>          the pool may no longer be accessible by software that does not support
>          the features. See zpool-features(7) for details.
>    scan: resilvered 0 in 0 days 00:00:00 with 0 errors on Sat Apr  6
> 20:39:05 2019
> config:
>
>          NAME         STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>          zroot        ONLINE       0     0     0
>            gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> errors: No known data errors

Okay.

Please post a console session showing the ZFS snapshot and rollback
problem(s).

David