Postfix-sasl on FreeBSD will not authenticate

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Sep 9 11:51:13 UTC 2020

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 22:12:50 +0000 (UTC), doug at safeport.com stated:
>On Tue, 3 Jul 2018, James B. Byrne via freebsd-questions wrote:

>>> You must create the file yourself and adjust it to whatever mech you
>>> use, in our case it is saslauthd:
>>>
>>> cat /usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
>>> pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>>> mech_list: plain login
>>
>> Thank you.  Do you know where the path to the file location is
>> specified in the FreeBSD documentation?
>
>It is in the postfix docs. As I recall it says put it in ../sasls (or
>some such).

This question really belongs on the Postfix forum. In any case, have
you investigated:

http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html

http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

I would highly recommend the following two suggestions:

Better, provide output from the postfinger tool. This can be found at
http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger.

If the problem is SASL related, consider including the output from the
saslfinger tool. This can be found at
http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/.

--
Jerry