OT: proof that Linux is brain damaged

Ralf Mardorf ralf-mardorf at riseup.net
Fri Sep 4 16:12:08 UTC 2020

On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 10:48:11 -0400, Vlad D. Markov wrote:
>When criticizing systemd, I think the criticism should be directed at
>the distributions forcing its use. Linux doesn't have much to do with
>it.

Apart from the embedded systems you described, it's probably not wise
if a Linux distro diverts from using systemd, since systemd is quasi
the standard init system and it's bundled with at least udev.
Maintaining a different init system, while maintaining udev or
something else from systemd, for usage without systemd, seems to me way
to much effort, even when being in favour of Linux. However, if
somebody is really that tired of Linux, as the OP is, I wouldn't care
about Linux at all, especially not since the OP doesn't need to search
for an operating system that fits to his needs. He already seems to be
satisfied with FreeBSD, so there's no problem at all.