What is the "better / best " method to multi-boot different OSes natively WITHOUT VirtualBox(es) ?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Oct 25 15:33:30 UTC 2020

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 06:50:25 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I also want to add for consideration, if reboots between operating
> systems are often wanted and HDDs are used, it's way better when all
> drives, even the unused drives are spinning all the time. Parking and
> releasing heads very often, does shorten the life span the most.

I don't know if this is still true, but in ye olden times,
there was a distinction between "home PC disks" and "server
disks", where each class preferred a certain way of use to
achieve maximum lifetime:

	+--------------+----------------+--------------+
	| home PC disk | likes          | dislikes     |
	+--------------+----------------+--------------+
	| server disk  | dislikes       | likes        |
	               | being switched | running      |
	               | on and off     | all the time |

Probably modern disks tend to be more like server disks,
even when being sold for and used in home PCs... :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany