Problems creating bootable image with poudriere/12.2-RC3

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Sat Oct 24 03:59:55 UTC 2020

Hello,
I am trying to build a bootable raw disk image to boot in QEMU.  I had
done this with 12.1-RELEASE, but for some reason when I attempt this
with 12.2-RC3 qemu is not able to find a bootable disk.  I believe this
is probably something I'm missing on my end and was hoping someone could
see what error I'm making.

I build the jail like so:
poudriere jail -c -j 12_2 -a amd64 -z 12_2  -b -m
src=/usr/home/pete/git/freebsd -K GENERIC

Then I create the image like so:
poudriere image -t rawdisk -j 12_2 -n bsd_12_2 -s 10g -h
test.nomadlogic.org -o ~pete/wrk/freebsd/release/vmimages/

As I mentioned when i try to start qemu pointing to the rawdisk image it
reports that it can't find a bootable device. Interestingly enough the
disk images from 12.1 work, so perhaps I've got a bad jail build command?

Thanks for any pointers here!
-pete

--
Pete Wright