Borg Backup in a Jail?

Jacques Foucry jacques+freebsd at foucry.net
Sun Oct 4 19:37:49 UTC 2020

Hello colleagues,

Did somebody sucessfully install and run `borg backup` intぽ a jail?

My jail definition looks like:

```
backup{
   host.hostname="backup.FQN";
   path="/jails/backup";
   ip4.addr="lo1|192.168.12.29/24";
   ip4.addr+="lo0|127.0.1.29/32";
   ip6.addr="em0|<IPv6::29/64";
   enforce_statfs = 1;
   allow.mount=1;
   allow.mount.fusefs=1;
   persist=true;
}
```
I runi on the host and the jail:

`FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p6 amd64`

Since FreeBSD 12 fusefs become jail compatible:

```
lsvfs
Filesystem                              Num  Refs  Flags
-------------------------------- ---------- -----  ---------------
devfs                            0x00000071    14  synthetic, jail
cd9660                           0x000000bd     0  read-only
procfs                           0x00000002     2  synthetic, jail
nfs                              0x0000003a     0  network
zfs                              0x000000de    48  jail,
delegated-administration
ufs                              0x00000035     0
nullfs                           0x00000029     7  loopback, jail
msdosfs                          0x00000032     0
fdescfs                          0x00000059     2  synthetic, jail
tmpfs                            0x00000087     1  jail
linprocfs                        0x000000b5     1  synthetic, jail
fusefs                           0x000000ed     0  synthetic, jail
```

But inside the jail I cannot load fusefs kernel module:

```
backup# kldload fuse
kldload: can't load fuse: Operation not permitted
```

And BorgBackup need it. :-(

Is there something I miss? Something wrong in my configuration?

Thnaks in advane for your advices,
--
Jacques Foucry