X and console

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Nov 28 21:49:26 UTC 2020

On Sat, 28 Nov 2020 22:41:10 +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> The same does _not_ happen on an Acer Aspire One 722 (dmesg below).
> So I gues the problem is specific to the machine I guess
> (or the machine's graphics). Can sonebody mor knowledgable in X
> please help me sptot what it might be?

The output of "pciconf -lv" should provide the required information.
You need to determine what graphics card / chip / APU you have,
install the KMS drivers, load the appropriate one, and install
the X graphics driver suiting your hardware. Given this one-time
preparation, everything should work as expected.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany