secure file sharing service options

Gary Aitken freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Thu Nov 12 05:32:45 UTC 2020

On 11/11/20 7:34 PM, Kevin P. Neal wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 02:00:27PM -0600, Doug McIntyre wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 07:44:15PM -0700, Gary Aitken wrote:
>>> Can anyone recommend secure file-sharing services?  An
>>> organization I work with has a need for something more secure
>>> than google docs.
>>>
>>> Ideally it would allow some form of collaboration similar to the
>>> level offered by google docs.  Mostly word-type documents and
>>> spreadsheets. Barring that, just more secure sharing options
>>> still appreciated.
>>

>> I've put in NextCloud (or OwnCloud) for several orgs that wanted
>> that. Of course available in ports/pkgs. NextCloud has Collabora
>> integration available, so people can use it as a replacement for
>> Google Docs. (LibreOffice based).
>
> Do we have a port for that?

cd /usr/ports
/usr/ports$ find . | grep nextcloud | egrep -v "Makefile|distinfo|files|pkg"
./deskutils/nextcloudclient
./mail/nextcloud-mail
./net-im/nextcloud-talk
./security/nextcloud-end_to_end_encryption
./security/nextcloud-passman
./security/nextcloud-twofactor_totp
./security/nextcloud-twofactor_u2f
./www/nextcloud-appointments