simple shell script to compare two dirs recursively

Ralf Mardorf ralf-mardorf at riseup.net
Mon Nov 2 21:06:24 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 19:45:42 +0000 (UTC), doug wrote:
>then awk is your best friend

I seriously doubt that diff in combination with awk is a friend, if the
premiss is...

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 19:11:41 +0100, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
>I could *probably* cook this myself with some time and patience, but
>now it is somewhat urgent, so if someone likes to share their already
>working solution I would be most grateful.

...unless you already know what to do.

IIUC the OP is asking for a script ruling out pitfalls of "simple" diff
+ whatsover usage, without a time consuming learning curve.

I don't have got the skills to provide a solution, since I'm aware of
at least a few possible pitfalls.

It might be helpful to know what paths should be compared, resp. what
the possible contend of those paths (most likely) is.