simple shell script to compare two dirs recursively

Per olof Ljungmark peo at nethead.se
Mon Nov 2 18:11:56 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I could *probably* cook this myself with some time and patience, but now
it is somewhat urgent, so if someone likes to share their already
working solution I would be most grateful.

I need a *simple* shell (does not matter which) script run by cron that
recurses through two directories, compare all the files and produces
simple diffs IF there are any. I'm sure this is something that a lot of
you already did.

Thanks so much to all the nice folks on the list and FreeBSD in particular!

Per