Mounting DVD image

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:45:05 UTC 2020

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 7:18 PM Brandon helsley <brandon.helsley at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm attempting to attach a DVD with freebsd iso on it and in the handbook
> it says to use mdconfig and then mount but when I insert DVD into disc
> drive I don't know how to show the DVD title in my filesystem and find it's
> name in order to finish mount. I know it's somewhere in the handbook but
> I'm not sure where.

Where it is depends on your motherboard and BIOS.   Best thing to do is a
ls of /dev note what devices are there and what each one does (that way you
what to look for when you insert the DVD).   Insert the DVD and then look
at a new copy of the ls and see what has changed and is it one the devices
that corrisbonds to the DVD (on most modern motherboards it would be adaX
or daX)