FreeBSD Cert

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:57:44 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 11:53 AM Brandon helsley <
brandon.helsley at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Good to know, then I'll take it up to learn the basics. And to be a
> committer? Does that require skills?

1. The reason I suggested some of the things I have written but not made
into ports yet is I wrote them on FreeBSD so there is little or no
programming required to make them work as  port (if there is then I did my
job wrong) and thus you can learn porting from the ground up and then move
to harder things that require programming

2. Being a committer is mostly being trusted by other committers to not
<bleep> things up when you put it in the master repository.   Mostly this
comes from maintaining a lot of ports and showing superior knowledge of the
porting system along with being suitably risk adverse when updating the
master repo.