installation of 12.1R and 11.3R fails

Donald Wilde dwilde1 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 23:48:38 UTC 2020

I had to remain with the MBR-based system. GPT just flat-out did not
work for me but I have got a working system and successfully updated
it to 12-STABLE.

I did have a glitch that led to a recursive stack crash, though,
forcing a reinstall. Updating the Handbook required me to build both
graphviz and vala, but neither of them would work without already
having a graphviz and vala on the system. Install with 'pkg install'
worked.

Thanks! Happy Beastie here.

Don Wilde