Moving sources (base/ports) from /usr

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Wed May 20 09:52:03 UTC 2020

 > 	That makes sense it isn't being picked up by make.

Sure, once you think about it.

But here is the strange part. I've exported SOURCEDIR via /etc/profile
and it is set. However, mergemaster does not recognize it.
Then I export the same variable again on the command line and it works:

# echo $SOURCEDIR
/clutter/src
#
#
# mergemaster -Ui

*** /usr/src was not found.
     Found Makefile.inc1 in the current directory.
     Would you like to set SOURCEDIR to /clutter/src? [no and exit]
     **** No suitable /usr/src found, exiting

# SOURCEDIR="/clutter/src"
# export SOURCEDIR

# mergemaster -Ui

*** Creating the temporary root environment in /var/tmp/temproot
  *** /var/tmp/temproot ready for use
  *** Creating and populating directory structure in /var/tmp/temproot

This is currently a little beyond my understanding?