[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 12.0 end-of-life

John Howie john at thehowies.com
Sat May 16 21:20:10 UTC 2020

On 5/16/20, 1:53 PM, "owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org on behalf of Steve O'Hara-Smith" <owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org on behalf of steve at sohara.org> wrote:

    	These days I think most users should be running -release,
    installing packages, using freebsd-update and not going anywhere near
    sources.

LOL! I wish that were the case. I am elbow deep in source code every time I touch the FreeBSD box. I think you mean "end-users". For those of us writing system and toolchain code it is not an option. We have to start building on a release, and see it through to completion, then try to port it to the latest -RELEASE.