[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 12.0 end-of-life

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Sat May 16 21:13:49 UTC 2020

On Sat, 16 May 2020 20:19:23 +0200
Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 May 2020 11:57:37 -0600, @lbutlr wrote:
> > On 18 Feb 2020, at 07:08, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> > wrote:
> > > I have workstation (desktop) running FreeBSD.
> >
> > But you are in a tiny tiny minority.

	I was in one of those simply for having a computer the first time I
ran unix at home. I was still in one when I first had a FreeBSD based
workstation in 1993. FreeBSD makes a much better workstation now but it was
quite adequate then.

> But _I_ am a big big user of FreeBSD for many many years,

	... and I'm another one for rather more years.

> especially (!) on the desktop, so this counts as well. ;-)

	There are quite a few of us, but yes a tiny and happy minority.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>