Shared object "libnetgraph.so.4" not found, required by "netstat"

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Thu May 14 11:06:52 UTC 2020

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 11:09:48AM +0200, Per Hedeland wrote:

>I think so - maybe do a 'ls -l /usr/lib/libnetgraph.so.4' first to
>verify that it really is *missing*.

There was no libnetgraph* anything.

>May be hard/impossible to figure out at this point... I'd first of all
>try to find out whether it was missing from day one, which would imply
>an installation problem (e.g. full disk?) - or if not, try to find out
>*when* it went missing, and check logs around that time (if still
>available) for any hints. I.e. pretty obvious stuff, and definitely
>not guaranteed to give any result.

 From an equivalent vm I uploaded these four files into /usr/lib :
libnetgraph.a
libnetgraph.so
libnetgraph.so.4
libnetgraph_p.a

and now netgraph works and the daily interface status stats work normally.
Do you think I need to do anything else with these? I mean do they need ld for
example (I know next to nothing about ld)

thanks,
--
J.