Moving sources (base/ports) from /usr

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Wed May 13 19:19:45 UTC 2020

On Fri, 8 May 2020 21:04:44 +0200
Ede Wolf <listac at nebelschwaden.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As the title implies, I would like to move everything src/build related
> from /usr to a different folder, let's call it /import. And since it
> won't be mounted permanently, I'd rather like not to use links. That
> would certainly work, but it's ugly.
>
> So I am looking for a more clean way of archiving this, but currently I
> am having trouble to find a comprehensive list of the  variables, that
> would need to be set, and more over, where the proper place woulf be, to
> do so. More often than not it is not /etc/make.conf
>
> For MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX it is src-env.conf, but what about the others?

	Yep you'll want that.

> SRCDIR, PORTSDIR, WRKDIRPREFIX, DISTFILES, WRKSRC? Is that list correct

	SRCDIR you can leave alone, just move /usr/src anywhere you like
and so long as you change into that directory to build all should be good
because the Makefile sets everything up based on CURDIR. If that doesn't
work then a bug report is probably in order.

	PORTSDIR should be enough to move the ports en-bloc, everything
else defaults based off that.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>