Shared object "libnetgraph.so.4" not found, required by "netstat"

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Wed May 13 18:02:30 UTC 2020

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 04:44:35PM +0100, tech-lists wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm getting this error in my daily reports:
>
>ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libnetgraph.so.4" not found, required by "netstat"
>
>seems to hapen when daily cron runs network interface totals.
>
>This is a freebsd bhyve vm running on a freebsd host:
>
>vm: FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p3 GENERIC  amd64
>
># freebsd-version -kru
>12.1-RELEASE-p3
>12.1-RELEASE-p3
>12.1-RELEASE-p4
>
>it's kept up-to-date with freebsd-update. The messages I get from
>freebsd-update are a little odd:
>
># freebsd-update fetch
>src component not installed, skipped
>Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 3 mirrors found.
>Fetching metadata signature for 12.1-RELEASE from update1.freebsd.org... done.
>Fetching metadata index... done.
>Inspecting system... done.
>Preparing to download files... done.
>
>No updates needed to update system to 12.1-RELEASE-p4.
># freebsd-update install
>src component not installed, skipped
>No updates are available to install.
>Run '/usr/sbin/freebsd-update fetch' first.
>
>I thought netgraph etc would be taken care of by freebsd-update? How can I
>fix?
>
>thanks,

I upgraded again today with freebsd-update and rebooted.

% freebsd-version -kru
12.1-RELEASE-p5
12.1-RELEASE-p5
12.1-RELEASE-p5

same error:

Network interface status:
ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libnetgraph.so.4" not found, required by "netstat"

What's odd is it's only this one bhyve vm with it. There are other bhyve vms
on the same host at the same revision without this issue. There's no
/etc/src.conf or /etc/make.conf. It's otherwise working fine.
--
J.