Mounting SD-card in my camera

Morten Bo Johansen listmail at mbjnet.dk
Thu May 7 09:02:43 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-01 Gary Aitken wrote:

> Cards <= 32 are formatted with FAT, those greater get ExFAT and
> must be mounted using fuse.
>
> Camera SD cards normally use msdosfs:
>      mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt
> However...
>    SD cards >32GB are formatted exFAT
>      Need to use fuse to mount:
>        /boot/loader.conf or /boot/loader.conf.local:
>          fuse_load="YES"
>        /etc/rc.conf:
>          fusefs_enable="YES"
>        kldstat should show fuse.ko loaded
>        man mount.exfat-fuse
>        mount.exfat -o ro /dev/da0s1 /mnt
>        unmount normally using umount

Now, I tried your advice. Alas, it makes no difference. Fuse.ko
was also loaded before, but the problem persists to be that
/dev/da0s1 is never created, only /dev/da0 is. Running the
mount.exfat command above on /dev/da0 then yields:

   ~/ % sudo mount.exfat -o ro /dev/da0 /mnt
   FUSE exfat 1.3.0
   ERROR: failed to get size of '/dev/da0'.

I also tried gphoto2, but from the "--list-cameras" option I
can see that my camera, a "Panasonic DMC-FZ200" is not
supported.

But after all, I can just use the card reader, then at least I
can access my photos that way.

Thanks,
Morten