redesignde the unix-like system directory

Arne Steinkamm freebsd-questions at Steinkamm.COM
Wed May 6 15:12:44 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 08:19:06AM -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> On 5/6/20 7:53 AM, Ottavio Caruso via freebsd-questions wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 May 2020 at 13:16, kindu smith <malaizhichun at tom.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Borrowing android and freebsd just to keep it simple:
> >>
> >> /app, application directory, various system-level applications
> >> /boot,  boot directory, set up ABI, API, EFI, kernel, modules and other
> >> directories to store complete microkernel boot source code, interface,
> >> EFI partition information, modules.
> >> /cloud, various cloud applications
> >> /data,  database, such as key, web page data
> >> /help,  operating system manual
> >> /net,  network information and server information, etc.
> >> /system , store the file system hierarchy (FHS) directory
> >> /user,  user directory, set user account and information
> >
> > What was you question? In any case, no thanks.
> >

> +1
>
> I was struggling with Android garbage once. Really fed up with it. Only
> the one who never did [say, attempt to de-google android] can bring
> anything android-like to UNIX table as example.

Looking at a flat layout like this one gives me a feeling, that
most people forgot that it's a real bad idea to have a
external mounted directory in the root directory... easy way to make
a system unresponsive in case of a network problem.

I keep the traditional filesystem layout which I'm used for 40 years now
and added a /l hierarchy as portal for everything else.

.//. Arne

--
Arne Steinkamm         | Home:     Mail: arne<at>steinkamm<dot>com