bsd install

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue May 5 19:18:52 UTC 2020

On Tue, 5 May 2020 18:53:18 +0000, Brandon helsley wrote:
> Do I need to go through the whole installer. Once I submit it will
> make the changes without wiping my disc?

The easiest way, if you just wish to change network settings,
is to explicitely jump to that selection:

	# bsdinstall netconfig

This will bring up the "Configuring Network Interfaces" menu.

See "man bsdinstall" for details.

Further information here:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/bsdinstall-network.html

Please note that I have never personally used bsdinstall for
that specific task, so I don't know for sure if what you will
see does match the description in the handbook, but common
sense suggests that the installed system will not be wiped.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany