Microsoft Teams for Linux

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue May 5 13:36:36 UTC 2020

On Tue, 5 May 2020 14:52:01 +0200, Maciej Suszko commented:
>Hi,
>
>I'm wondering if anyone tried to use Microsoft Temas either web version
>or desktop app... Web version does work but making audio/video call
>isn't officialy suppported, so you need to spoof user-agent to make it
>partially working - but from time to time MS change something and it
>just stop working. In the past weeks I was able to make audio calls,
>now it's not possible (neither Firefox nor Chrome)
>
>I tested my webcam and mic on https://www.onlinemictest.com/ and it's
>all working, so problematic is the web application from MS.
>
>Desktop application - here are two options, one for Linux, one for
>Windows. I tried to run the Linux version using linuxulator,
>brandelf-ing all the binaries but with no success...
>
>#v+
>tlhscd at arsenic:/tmp/teams/share/teams $ ./teams
>Trace/BPT trap (core dumped)
>#v-
>
>How do you think - are there any chances to make the desktop app
>working in out FreeBSD desktops?

I assume you are referring to "Microsoft Teams". Have you tried posting
your question here:
<https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/ct-p/MicrosoftTeams?country=US&culture=en-us>

According to <https://www.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-teams-features>,
Microsoft Teams is now available on desktop and mobile operating
systems including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and web platforms.

According to this URL: https://itsfoss.com/microsoft-teams-linux/, MS
Teams is available for Linux. Of course, that is a far cry from
FreeBSD, so YMMV.

Report back with your findings. I would be interested in the usability
of this application on FreeBSD.

--
Jerry