Local_unbound and (opn)vpn

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon May 4 10:01:55 UTC 2020

On Mon, 4 May 2020 10:49:35 +0100, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 4 May 2020 10:07:28 +0200
> Jacques Foucry <jacques+freebsd at foucry.net> wrote:
>
> > Well forgot my question. The solution was in this mail :-)
> >
> > I was thinking duriong writing but not testing before sending it.
>
> 	Doing this in person is a powerful debugging technique known as
> 'cardboard man debugging' because the person having the problem explained
> to feels like they could have been a cardboard cutout.

If I remember correctly, the modern terminology for this
kind of action is "rubberducking". It's also available as
a web-based cloud-hosted ML VR SaaS, of course... ;-)

Sidenote: When you're able to explain something, no matter
if to a real person or a bardboard cutout, a rubber duck
or your cat, you have proven that you actually understand
what you're dealing with. Requesting explanations is also
a good method to filter for "knowledge actors" (impostors
who think their expensive suit, their shiny certificate
or their gorgeous job title can compensate their lack of
knowledge).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany