Mounting SD-card in my camera

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Fri May 1 23:07:36 UTC 2020

On Fri, 1 May 2020, Gary Aitken wrote:

> On 5/1/20 4:23 AM, Morten Bo Johansen via freebsd-questions wrote:
     [snip]
>> I just wonder why it does not work with my camera. It works
>> with no problem in Linux.
>
> Cards <= 32 are formatted with FAT, those greater get ExFAT and
> must be mounted using fuse.

Maybe so for Morten's camera, but it's not universally true. I have put
FAT32 and ufs filesystems on SD cards larger than 32G.

I believe "modern" digital cameras are designed to use PTP, which means
using something along the lines of gphoto. It could be that Morten's
Linux distribution comes with a PTP client.

     [snip]

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org