current best FreeBSD hosting services

Lorenzo Salvadore phascolarctos at protonmail.ch
Sun Mar 29 20:50:07 UTC 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday 29 March 2020 21:39, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> My company currently uses RootBSD and we are looking to deactivate our two
> servers there and consolidate them into one. I decided at the same time
> to looking into other options. We are looking for very basic hosting
> (i.e. we manage the machine [or vm] completely and they only supply the
> hardware and networking). Currently we use the servers for cloud storage,
> a few very low traffic web sites (all running on www/tomcat9
> [java/openjdk8]) and DIY off site backups/cloud storage. My guess is we
> need 2 cores, 4 GB of RAM and about 80 GB of disk to be safe and want to be
> running 12.1-RELEASE (amd64) on it but have the right to upgrade it
> ourselves.
>
> Suggestions?

I am a happy customer of aruba cloud:
https://www.arubacloud.com/

When I choosed my OS, only an out of date FreeBSD image was available, but I easily
updated it with freebsd-update. They might have updated it since then.

They have many servers available in Europe, especially in Italy (it's an Italian company).
They also have often some discounts (right count I think they offer many discounts due to
coronavirus). They also offer a 10 euros trial (at least in Italy, not sure in other countries).

Cheers,
Lorenzo Salvadore