How to access a user space file from kernel space in FreeBSD.

Arpan Palit babupalit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 14:40:15 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I am working on (kernel)driver ioctl implementation for file read/write,
where I need to know what are API's which can expose to read,write and
close user space file from kernel space. In general I need to know the
answer for the below questions.

i).   How to open a user space file from driver(kernel space) ?
ii).  How to create a new user space file from driver(kernel space) ?
iii). How to get file parameters like size of the file ?
iv). How to read/write the files from the driver(kernel space) ?

Thanks & Regards,
Arpan Palit