evdev and Xorg.log

Joe A. freebsd at chthonixia.net
Sun Mar 1 18:24:11 UTC 2020

Hello...

I have recently upgraded various Xorg aspects, and found that
my Xorg log filled rapidly with error messages related to my
Wacom tablet. By '...filled rapidly...' I mean filling the file
system in seconds and in the gigabyte range with this:

[ 27826.390] (EE) wacom pad: rel event recv'd (0)!
[ 27826.390] (EE) wacom pad: rel event recv'd (1)!

I partially remedied this by installing for evdev. With that,
the file system did not fill and the error messages eventually
ended but did not disappear.

The only thing that caused the messages to disappear is disabling
the configuration for the Wacom entirely.

So my questions:

Is there some way to entirely eliminate the occurrence of the errors?
Am I missing a configuration entry?

Here is my kernel entry:

#evdev interface
options         EVDEV_SUPPORT           # evdev support in legacy drivers
device          evdev                   # input event device support
device          uinput                  # install /dev/uinput cdev

I have not added this, from evdev's manual:

       Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier "devname"
         Driver "evdev"
         Option "Device"   "devpath"
         Option "Emulate3Buttons"     "True"
         Option "Emulate3Timeout"     "50"
         Option "GrabDevice"     "False"
       EndSection

I'm just using what evdev installed from ports:

/usr/local/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf

# Catch-all evdev loader for udev-based systems
# We don't simply match on any device since that also adds accelerometers
# and other devices that we don't really want to use. The list below
# matches everything but joysticks.

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "evdev pointer catchall"
        MatchIsPointer "on"