cups and a Brother HL-L2340DW solved, driverless now working

Russell L. Carter rcarter at pinyon.org
Thu Jun 25 23:53:30 UTC 2020

Greetings,

With the cups port version bump from 2.2.x to 2.3.3, my Brother
HL-L2340DW now works driverless.  Hooray!  Many thanks to the port
maintainer, now I don't have to route all my print jobs through a
debian box.  Both the FreeBSD port and debian package are at the same
version now.

Here's what I used to get going:

https://wiki.debian.org/CUPSDriverlessPrinting?action=show&redirect=DriverlessPrinting#Driverless_Printing_and_Printers

However the exact sequence of operations is wrong there, this works:

Administration->Find New Printers->First instance ofBrother HL-L2340D
series (Brother HL-L2340D series) -> Make -> Raw -> Model -> Generic
IPP Everywhere Printer -> Set Default Options

Russell