Possible to compile tree on a different OS?

matthew at FreeBSD.org matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 19 14:26:00 UTC 2020

On 16/06/2020 07:20, mayuresh at kathe.in wrote:
> I want to download the latest FreeBSD source tree on my machine
> running native Ubuntu only and compile that source tree.

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment.  There was some talk
about work that might be done in this area at BSDCam last year, but I
haven't heard of any results being generally available.

The nearest you could get is to set up a virtual machine on your Ubuntu
box and compile within that.

	Cheers,

	Matthew