Mailing List Etiquette was freebsd vs. netbsd

Janos Dohanics web at 3dresearch.com
Wed Jun 17 05:07:47 UTC 2020

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 15:45:54 +0200
Chris Knipe <savage at savage.za.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 3:35 PM Aryeh Friedman
> <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >

> We are talking about
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/mailing-list-faq/etiquette.html#idp44832888
>
> It would -seem- to me (personally at least), the majority is kept
> back to cater for the minority. [...]
>
> [...]
>
> No my friend, it is your CHOICE to be stuck in the stone age... [...]

Minority vs. majority and stone age vs. modern... no.

What you fail to consider is that when you join a list/forum/community,
which has posted rules/guidelines/etiquette, it is only good manners
that newcomers follow those rules/guidelines/etiquette.

You are certainly welcome to propose and argue for changes.

And if you are on the losing side of the argument, nothing is
preventing you from starting a list/forum/community where your
rules/guidelines/etiquette must be adhered too.

--
Janos Dohanics