Mailing List Etiquette was freebsd vs. netbsd

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:15:05 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 1:07 PM Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 12:44:12 -0400, Aryeh Friedman commented:
> >On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:37 PM Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 17:51:18 +0200, Polytropon commented:
> >>
> >> You obviously know very little about the retail market. In sales,
> >> perceived quality is often in a direct relationship to the outward
> >> appearance of an item.
> >>

> >FreeBSD is not a retail OS!.... in short for many reasons f**k retail
> >computing... like I said dead users don't give a flying f how good
> >something looks if it kills them!  (Just ask anyone who started smoking
> >because of how sexy the ad models were before tobacco ads were
> >outlawed.).... in sort FreeBSD is a mission critical OS meant for
> >professional use (if you use for desktop use like I do then it is
> >purely accidental to its primary purpose).
>
> You reply is totally out of context to the my response to Poly. Neither
> Poly nor I referenced FreeBSD in the post. The response was directed at
> advertisers and the means they use to convey an idea to the public. Your
> problem is that you are looking for problems where none exist, aka
> "Tilting at windmills".

Then mark your reply as being off topic because in context it was clearly
reference to email etiquette on FreeBSD (that is the subject of the thread
after all).   It seems you and Chris are doing everything possible to
confuse the hell out of the entire thread and then one someone *appears* to
reply out of context you use that as some kind of proof of your argument.
That is just dirty tactics.