Mailing List Etiquette was freebsd vs. netbsd

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue Jun 16 11:18:59 UTC 2020

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 03:19:44 -0700, Ronald F. Guilmette commented:
>Bullshit it's not relevant now/anymore!
>
>Please wrap your lines at 75 columns and please use 7-bit ASCII only
>without encoding.
>
>Some of us never got onto the Microsoft-induced insanity bandwagon that
>preached that all email messages have to be HTMLized (and thus 10,000
>times more bandwidth consuming that they need to be) and also we didn't
>sign up for the notion of having email, spreadsheets and other such
>crap be executable... a glaring and obvious security hole.
>
>I still use the NMH mail client, which dates from the 1980s.  It is
>plain text only.  I have never been infected with anything.

That is a choice you have voluntarily made. You have the absolute right
to use whatever MUA turns you on; however, you have no right to tell
anyone else what software they must use.

--
Jerry

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead
of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit
their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one
of the facts that needs altering.

	-- Dr. Who