Find out OS version and plattform?

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Fri Jun 12 09:31:09 UTC 2020

Thanks, good idea. Unfortunately it does not contain the version here,
but at least the plattform.
In addidion, I've found a /boot/mbr file and a CPUTYPE=i686 stanza in
/mnt/etc/make.conf, so I am sure it is intel

#file /mnt/sbin/init: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), statically linked, stripped

@steve: Shame on me, but it has been mounted on a linux system.

Upate: By chance /var/log/messages had the relieving entry:

FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Thu Oct  6 22:31:38 CEST 2005

Can be so easy sometimes, if you are lucky.

Thanks all!