Mailing List Etiquette was freebsd vs. netbsd

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:21:05 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 9:11 AM RW via freebsd-questions <
freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:

> You can use gmail with a separate email client if you like. The
> servers support pop/imap/smtp.

You can also use UUCP addressing if you really want (or if you're really
insane you can use a combo of internet, UUCP and BitNet addressing and send
it via FidoNet using tin cans), why would you want to an email set up
should be *SIMPLE* and even then it has problems with delivery (why add
even more failure points).

Case in point I use gmail not because of its ease of use per se (even
though it is better then most standalone MUA's) I use it because it is an
off-site backup of years worth of correspondence that is too valuable to
worry about losing in a hardware failure.