freebsd vs. netbsd

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:19:47 UTC 2020

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 14:50:46 +0200, Polytropon wrote:
>If I wish to use "..." instead of "…", and I use "those"
>quotes instead of “those”, then I do so for a good reason.
>I don't have to explain or justify that reason.

In this case at least the meaning didn't change, but unfortunately it
isn't always like that.

If text writing software automatically detects what kind of " to use,
it could be useful and if unwanted, we notice it and can disable it.
But I experienced that a MUA editor showed the wanted signes when
editing and while sending, it changed the signs. It was visible after
sending, not before sending. It wasn't just a typo, a user error. I did
not accidentally push Shift+Ctrl+U, some numbers and enter ;).